Saturday, May 29, 2010

I love Spring...


*sigh*

Don't you love Spring???

As Mother Nature renews herself and everything starts to come alive again, the rejuvenation is contagious, isn't it?! Goodbye coats, seasonal depression, and chapped lips. HELLOOO warm balmy nights and chilled Sauvignon Blanc on the tiki-lit deck, kiddie laughter echoing through the neighborhood, and sun kissed cheeks.

Yes, yes, yes!!

No matter how bad the day, it is nothing that warm sunny weather can't heal?! Period.

Regardless, despite my recent super busy weekends full of Spring Shopping with my Buyers... there are several other tell-tale signs that Spring is in full-force and summer is drawing near in the Nenonen Household.

The freezer is stocked...

Poppy already boasts her annual "summer shave-down"...


We are about one week from HUNDREDS of beautiful Tiger Lillies...


My Hydrangeas (personal fav) are about to burst, as well...


Sadly, the deer have already discovered my Hostas (agh!)...


And the Chipmunks have already initiated their annual invasion on my flowerbeds (double agh!)...


Hence, so begins my annual desperate, lame, and almost always unsuccessful attempt to outsmart and outwit Mother Nature and her lovely creatures...


(Except for these cuties, who have a new home in my potted hibiscus ...)


We are getting closer and closer to red, juicy homegrown tomatoes...


And my fresh herb pot is going BONKERS...

Now that they are officially on summer vacay until August, the kiddies arise early in the AM to tackle their fun Spring activities like this...

And this...

While Steve and I tackle our not-so-fun Spring activities like this...

Yes, it gets worse before it gets better, but SO WORTH the mess!

Late Spring/early Summer Nenonen frenzy at its finest and I wouldn't trade it for ANYTHING in the world. Er, well except for maybe a few more afternoons like this... ;)