Wednesday, May 23, 2012

WARNING: Sappy Mom Moment...

The last day of school finally arrived here in Casa de Nenonen. This AM, I can do nothing but marvel over the difference a mere 9 months can make. First day of the school year...

This AM...

As most parents will agree, this parenting thing is a bag of mixed emotions.  Watching them grow and become increasingly independent and enthusiastic about the world is exciting yet bittersweet.

Now that we are braving the tween years in our household, I feel the sand of my time with them slipping through my fingers.  While our job is to provide both roots AND wings, the "letting go" gets to be tough at times.  Anyhoo, enough Sappy Mom talk for today.  My boys are growing and needless to say, have been counting down to this day for MONTHS!  lol.  A peek back at the fun...

Parker:

Reed:

They grow too quickly... =(