Sunday, November 8, 2009

"When I grow up I want to be little." ~ Joseph Heller

One of my favorite trend directions over recent years is in the way of design for children's bedrooms and nurseries. Long gone are the days of the dumbed-down Babies R' Us bed-in-a-bag-plus-accessories rooms...

Over recent years, parents have opted to pull their own creativity and personal design aesthetic into their kids' spaces. With the help of stores like Ikea, Crate and Barrel's The Land of Nod, Pottery Barn Kids, and even Target... parents are making a real play on color, pattern, and shape... all elements that have been studied and proven to positively stimulate learning and brain development in little ones.

The result: super cool kids rooms that are not only stylish, but allow children and their families to ENJOY their own personal spaces like never before...




I recently redecorated my 10 year old's room per his request. In search of items and ideas for his room, I bumped into the 2Modern website and fell in love. Though our taste tends to be a tad more on the traditional side, I grew OBSESSED with the canvases that they sell for kids' rooms. Fun, colorful, whimsical, clean, and could be incorporated into ANY design style......