Friday, November 13, 2009

Party at "Papa D's Place"...

As I have said before on this blog, you never know what you are going to find when you pull up to a house?! It's this element of a Realtor's job that keeps it particularly fun and fresh. I was actually excited when a client emailed me this week to set an appointment to view this Chesterfield listing ...


It sits up high on a hill off of Schoettler Road across from Logan College. I pass it several times per week and have always been intrigued, as the front yard is a... ... putting green complete with 2 greens, 12 holes, a waterfall cascading into a pond, a sand trap, a bridge, a gazebo, and a wet bar!

Yes, I know. You don't see that every day?!

As we further explored the exterior, we found a once carefully planned and obviously loved party house now neglected under a pile of leaves...
Though it's difficult to tell with the amount of leaves covering the ground in my mobile uploads, the backyard boasts several multi-tiered decks, natural boulder landscaping, a gazebo, hot tub, and an outdoor shower...

Even in the Fall with the foliage off of the trees, the backyard is 100% private. I can imagine that when everything is in bloom and maintained, it could be gorgeous back here....

Apparently "Papa D" enjoyed jumping on the trampoline so much, he built it into his deck...

And yes, my client actually hopped on it and jumped, business suit and all?! Ha! Overall, the theme of this house was definitely "You don't see that every day?!"

Needless to say, it wasn't a match for my Buyer for several reasons. For the right Buyer, however, seeking a fun little wooded retreat... it could be restored to the playhouse that "Papa D" originally intended it to be.

This property sits on 1.3 wooded acres and is being offered by my company, Coldwell Banker Gundaker, for $489,000. Click HERE if you are curious to see photographs of the interior as well. Like the exterior, it is in need of TLC /updates.