Monday, August 2, 2010

Berry interesting...

During the summer months, I hit the local Farmer's markets weekly for my fresh produce. I don't know if it has been ideal growing conditions or what (with our super wet Spring sans the typical St. Louis late-frost), but the berries have been RIDICULOUS this year. Large, juicy, sweet, perfect... particularly the blueberries.

Though in past years I steered away from blueberries (after a number of purchases of squishy or tart fruit), this summer I have embraced them wholeheartedly, and will continue to do so as long as they remain delicious. Tasty and good for you... what is not to love?! Hence, when I saw Southern Living's tweet with a link to 15 fresh blueberry recipes to mix it up, I was all over it!

I can't wait to try the Blueberry salsa, while my kids are itching for the sherbet. Click on the pic for the actual recipe...