Monday, April 25, 2011

Hidden Gem Alert: Donut Drive-In in South City

What a week, what a week. I showed 30+ condos/lofts between the Central Corridor and the Downtown Loft District, showed a dozen properties in West County, negotiated a counteroffer, and closed a property. The Spring Market is definitely in full-effect! While the real estate market may be a tad more fragile right now, it IS moving. The early Spring has been encouraging.

Anyhoo, my most recent closing was in South City near St. Louis Hills. After our final walk-through early Saturday morning, I stopped by one of South City's most notorious hot spots to surprise my slumbering family...

Located on the old Route 66 and having served fresh donuts for over 50 years, the Donut Drive-in is one of the last standing Mom and Pop donut shops in the city. Every so often when I have early AM work in South City, I randomly pick up these goodies for my family...


...as they LOVE them! If in or near South City and craving a donut done the old-fashioned way, by HAND, the Donut Drive-in is a must stop.


NITTY GRITTY:

6525 Chippewa St
Saint Louis, MO 63109
(314) 645-7714

HOURS:

Mon-Tue, Sun 5 am - 2 pm
Wed-Thu 5 am - 10:30 pm
Fri-Sat 5 am - 12 am

CASH ONLY!