Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hidden Gem: The Mud House on Cherokee

Located at #2101 Cherokee Street, in a stunning 19th century brick building in the heart of the Cherokee Lemp Historic District...
 
... sits The Mud House.
 
My friends on Foursquare have been checking into The MH left and right with photos of delectable coffee creations and artesian eats.  I have had it on my "to-do" list for awhile, and was excited to finally pop in!  Simply, The Mud House has been listed as one of St. Louis's Best Coffee Houses for a reason! 
 
 
 The space is eclectic yet cozy...
 



The fare, much of which is grown in their restaurant garden, is casual though not simplistic...




 
My favorite, however? 


THE COFFEE. 

Not only do they serve up lovely presentation, though their small batch hand-crafted creations are made with house made simple syrups like lavender and rosemary.  As an herb lover, I was in latte heaven.  My rosemary latte was possibly one of the best I have ever had.  EVER.  Phenomenal.

If in South City, please stop by the Mud House for a quick bite and coffee.  You will not be sorry!!  Check out the menu HERE.  Fantastic.

NITTY GRITTY...


The Mud House
2101 Cherokee St, St Louis, MO 63118
(314) 776-6599


Monday - Friday:  7:00am - 5:30pm
Saturday & Sunday:  8:00am - 5:30pm

Web:  http://themudhousestl.com/
Facebook:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Mud-House/144297319088

See more of my "Hidden Gems" HERE. 
Connect with m on Foursquare HERE.