Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Summer Recipe: Caprese Salad with Balsamic Reduction

The mild St. Louis summer that we have enjoyed thus far has resulted in a major herb surplus in Casa de Nenonen, most notably basil...

It makes me so happy, I swear.  While I have been busy preserving much of it, I have also been incorporating as much as I possibly can into our late night tiki-lit family dinners on the deck!  

In my opinion, no recipe highlights the superstars of the summer growing season like a simple caprese salad, as the 3 components perfectly compliment and highlight one another.  A caprese is easy to make, requires little prep, and can be presented in numerous ways to accommodate a large party or a creative dinner party take-a-long!

Here is my favorite recipe to doll up my garden tomatoes and basil with a tangy balsamic reduction... Bon AppƩtit!