Sunday, April 30, 2017

An ode to the tail-end of Senior year and the city we love...

I started this blog almost 10 years ago, after several years of personal blogging. I have always enjoyed the written word and what a terrific creative outlet and labor of love this blog has become!  While obviously the main trajectory is my business here on CDN and the City, I attempt to stay authentically me at all times and share with you the things that I encounter, enjoy, and love in gorgeous St. Louis, my family included.

First day of school posts, last day of school posts... there are a lot of them if you scroll back in my archives.  This one is a tad special, however.
My oldest is finishing up the tail-end of his Senior year and I wanted one final mini photo shoot to celebrate this major life transition as much as the city that our family loves and calls home.

I stumbled upon Julia (Jewels) Vrabel's work on Instagram via the #StLouisGram hashtag and was drawn to her point of view.  She has an artistic aesthetic that equally highlights the subject and the background.  I wanted the beautiful grit of the city.

My son admittedly does NOT enjoy getting his photo taken so a lengthy "posey model" photo shoot wouldn't do.  Jewels did an incredible job of making him feel comfortable.  The result?  His personality and the urban beauty of our Riverfront shine through in harmony.  Her hour Senior mini-session provided us with two dozen terrific shots   She captured everything that I love about my boy and our gorgeous city as graduation approaches.

A teeny tiny peek at the fun...
Note: these are not the hi-def version of these photos, only a screenshot, so as not to overwhelm my server.



Thank you for sharing your talent with us, Jewels, and for allowing my youngest to photobomb a few!
You can take the boy out of St. Louis, but you can't take the St. Louis out of the boy. ♥
  
Do you want to hire Jewels or see more of her work?  Visit Jewels Photography on FB HERE!