Friday, January 18, 2019

Seventeen

A little over 17 years ago, I sat across from my current broker at the Coldwell Banker Gundaker Corporate Centre office and told her that I was interested in earning my real estate license. She must have thought that I was certifiably crazy, as I was 9 months pregnant at the time with a toddler in tow. A former social worker, gone stay-at-home mom, I was ready for a new professional endeavor with the encouragement and guidance of my father (who was a real estate investorand the support of my amazing husband.

6 weeks later, I embarked upon a new real estate career and the brand new role as a mom of TWO at the exact same time...
Today is our youngest son's 17 birthday, which serendipitously also marks my 17th year in this amazing business.  I could have never predicted back then that I was setting out on one of the most enriching and challenging professional adventures of my life. My 1st mission after giving birth was to find the newly-formed "Nenonen Four" a larger home and the momentum picked up from there.  Here I sit almost 2 decades later, so grateful that I was courageous enough to take the plunge that day, as it has allowed me to help dozens upon dozens of people along the way.  

I adore my job and my little family.  The nature of this business has allowed me to flourish in both roles and for that I am eternally grateful. Each year when I celebrate my "baby's" birthday, I also like to pause and pay homage to years of personal and professional growth, enrichment, and fulfillment through an adventurous career!

I am so fortunate to have found a job that I am still passionate about even seventeen years later.  None of it would have been possible without the friendship, business, support, and referrals of my amazing friends and clients.  For that, I have a profound amount of gratitude. Thank you for seventeen wonderful years! 💗

In addition, a super Happy Birthday to my boy, who could probably tell you more about termite infestation, electrical code, sewer lateral repair, and contractual negotiation than any other 17 year old you know. A Realtor's child through and through! 😉