Thursday, October 2, 2014

The architectural "eye candy" of the French Quarter in New Orleans...

Last weekend, I enjoyed a "Girl's Getaway" to one of my favorite cities...

...New Orleans!   

I have true appreciation for a city that embraces its culture and history by preserving the original architectural integrity of the buildings within it.  As far as architecture goes, New Orleans is world famous for its vast array of unique architectural styles that directly reflect the city's multicultural heritage, history, and flavor.

I have visited New Orleans several times over the years and the ritual for my 1st morning there pretty much remains the same:   I rise extra early for a long morning walk alone down their gorgeous Mississippi Riverfront...  

I pop into the infamous Cafe du Monde for a to-go cup of chicory Cafe Au Lait and an order of fresh beignets... 

I then enter the French Quarter, nibble on my breakfast, and I get lost for a few hours. From Creole Cottages and Shotguns to Double-Gallery Houses, there is something beautiful, interesting, and impressive around every single corner!  New Orleans is a real estate lover's dream, particularly for those of us who are innately drawn to historic architecture.

Here is a peek at my early morning walk this year...












It never ceases to amaze me that despite the amount of times I have done this trek... I always mange to see something new?!  Gorgeous city, New Orleans is.