Monday, August 15, 2016

Back to School and Farewell, Summer!

Last week, we recreated the morning of oldest's first day of Kindergarten as the boys ventured off to their first day of Senior and Freshman year.  *sigh*  I look back at posts like this, and can't believe that we are now here...


I know that I say this every year, but even though nothing beats the excitement of Spring Market in residential real estate, my summer hiatus from the blog felt too long. It is so nice to be back!  Each year when the boys head back to school (and the bulk of my Spring transactions have successfully drawn to a close), I like to personally reflect on the Summer that has just passed, above and beyond my work fun.

While our family enjoyed our typical summer fun-in-the-sun adventures,  if you follow me on Instagram, you saw a whole lot of this...



...intermingled with my typical summer posts, like this...


I never thought that the time would come, but my oldest has entered his Senior year which means a good percentage of our energy has shifted to pondering and exploring "What is next".  The process, without doubt, leaves Steve and I with mixed emotions.  Regardless, seven universities were visited, he has chosen his favorites, and now applications follow.

The tides seemed to have changed in Casa de Nenonen over Summer 2016.  As we venture into an exciting year of transition for our family, I hold one of my favorite quotes close to my heart...