Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like winter...

I walked into the kitchen this AM,  peering out on to the deck to see this...
As winter sets in, so does the holiday hustle and bustle of parties and gatherings with friends, holiday decor and music, rounding up special gifts of sentiment for those whom your love, and general frenzy as kiddies complete the 1st half of the school year and head into a long-awaited winter hiatus.

Tis the season, indeed.

Personally, over the past few weeks, we hosted a lovely Thanksgiving for friends and family (Reed helped me get the table ready)....

We shared in the heartfelt nuptials of dear friends of ours.  Note their uber cool, mod cake compliments of Sugaree...

I was also SHOCKED by the wedding party caricature gift they surprised us with! Hysterical...

As a Webelo, Reed participated in another successful Scouting for Foods campaign...


I welcomed my 38th birthday, with a couple of very low-key gatherings with friends/family...

We made our annual trek to Meert's Tree Farm and chopped down a stunning Norwegian Spruce to enjoy for the holiday season...

We also snuck in a few evenings like this as a family, as the temperature plummeted...

Professionally, my busy pace continues into the 12 month of the year, and I have never felt SO humbled and thankful!   This time of  year, particularly in this market, proves to be difficult for the bulk of Realtors.  A heartfelt THANK YOU to my dear friends, family, and clients for not only allowing me the opportunity to represent them... but for passing my name along to their own friends and family! 

Over the past 2 weeks, my Buyers have written and gotten accepted contracts on #2701 Louisiana...

and a condo unit at  #14308 Conway Meadows Ct... 

I continue to work with 3 other active Buyers, still on the hunt for "the one" and have 3 Sellers who  hurriedly prepare their homes to list with me in the New Year.

In my opinion, the holidays are the ideal time to stop, reflect, and examine where you are both personally and professionally.  Time to give thanks for what worked over the past year, and make plans to change what didn't work.  The fact is, I have worked harder than I ever had this year and wholeheartedly dedicated myself to both my family and real estate as I never had in the past.  The hard work paid off.  Sitting now at the hind end of 2011, I feel that I have achieved a healthy balance in home and work.  I love them both dearly.  The juggle is not always easy, but the success feels wonderful. 

It is true, that with wrinkles comes wisdom.  My 38th year brought a lot of conviction in who I am and where I need to focus my energy to be happy and fulfilled.  My 10 year anniversary in Real Estate brings solace in the fact that I love my job, wild /wacky twists & turns and all, and could never imagine myself doing anything else.