Monday, September 10, 2012

Thank you Cochran's Concrete and other Fall updates...

Gorgeous weekend, huh St. Louis?   It appears that this sudden influx of rain and gorgeous cooler Fall temperatures have all of our drought-stressed plants in a serious state of confusion...
My plants seem to think it is SPRING rather than Fall?!  Per above, our mimosa tree has re bloomed AND my poor hydrangeas (already covered in dry, dead blooms) are  budding again?! 

Despite the strange Spring-like happenings in our yard, it was all FALL here in Casa de Nenonen this weekend...
The annual September pilgrimage to gather the hay bales and cornstalks for the front of the house always kick off our favorite season here.  What a fabulous weekend for it!

In other exciting news, I have declared (and given you a peek) before that there is always a project going on in our fixer-upper. Most recently, last week we bid farewell to the hideous original walkway circa 1968...
 
I will spare the Internet the gory detail and not get too graphic with my "before picture".  Let's just say that 45 years of chipmunk tunneling and wear had resulted in serious unsightly buckling. 
 
Shout out time:  I received a referral from a coworker to use Dale with Cochran's Concrete and I couldn't be more pleased with the result...
Always mindful of resale as this is most definitely NOT our "forever home" and hello, I am a Realtor... I wanted clean and attractive yet not astronomical  This is not the house nor market to invest in my preferred stamping and staining at this point, with what we have already invested into this house.

I specified what I was seeking. Cochran's Concrete delivered exactly what I asked for.

The Cochran Team was fast, courteous, meticulous, and respectful of my requests.  They got the job done quickly and followed up with us the next day to ensure that we were pleased....
We ARE. 

Need concrete work done in the St. Louis area? Consider Dale with Cochran's. He is a true professional.  The results speak for themselves! 

Next on the agenda here at Casa de Nenonen?  I'm thinking slate tile on the original front porch once we get the damaged grass reseeded.  I can hear my husband moan from here.  Ha! 

Regardless, thanks Dale...

Find Dale of Cochran's Concrete on the web HERE, Facebook HERE,  LinkedIn HERE, or at 618.931.0263