Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holiday check-in...


My poor blog has been the unfortunate victim of SERIOUS holiday neglect.  I apologize, friends.  

It goes without saying that holiday frenzy and my annual 4th quarter preparation for the upcoming 2013 business year is in full swing at Casa de Nenonen.  Add in a large dose of international travel for Steve, 3 active Buyers, and the boys' busy lives... it makes for a wonderfully "active" Nenonen November. ;) Regardless, I truly apologize for my post inconsistency!

Did everyone have a lovely holiday?  All was swell here in our house!  We kicked off the week with the 26th Annual Boyscout of America Scouting for Foods event.... 

This 1 day food drive, that happens to be the largest in the country, is a busy day for families of Scouts in the St. Louis Metropolitan area.  Regardless of the economy, St. Louis was super generous this year resulting in well over 2 million items that will stock over 500 local food pantries.  Scouting For Foods is an event that we are always proud to partake in as a family as it directly touches and enriches the lives of locals who need it the most at a crucial time of year.  Bravo to the Area Council!

Per the actual holiday, ours was intimate and casual this year- the perfect day.  A peek...








Yes, you can all take comfort in the fact that the family Realtor totally DOMINATED St. Louisopoly, thank you very much! ;)

The following AM, I signed us up for the annual Town & Country Turkey Trot 5K at one of our favorite local spots... 

2012 has most definitely been a year of wellness for both me and Steve.  Between the 2 of us, we have recommitted to our health, working out 5-7 days/week and cleaning up our diets quite a bit.  The icing on the cake, despite feeling great?  Collectively we have lost over the equivalent of the weight of this guy since June...

(as shocking as that is to think about) 

Anyhoo, unfortunately thanks to a serious sports injury that I have been battling (and strict doctor's orders), I was forced to cheer my guys on my the sidelines ala....

 
*sigh*.
It is what it is. 
 
Regardless, they ROCKED!  Steve finished his first 5K, no problem in under 30 minutes, and the boys persevered...


All in all, a busy yet great week. 

One can't help but be a tad sentimental and sappy this time of year, but truly, I have so much to be thankful for.  2012 has been a wonderful year for me, both personally and professionally.  I have given a lot, and in return, have received a lot.

As another set of Buyers draws to a close in this coming week, I find myself reflecting on my personal life journey.  I currently work with the most adorable couple, soon expecting their first baby and purchasing their very first home together.  There is nothing like picking the future bedroom for a baby you carry in womb.  It truly is a heartfelt, emotional purchase.  Their excitement and anticipation has been so fun to witness and experience, mostly because I have been there, done that- long ago. 

As Reed and Parker round the corner of another school year and we prepare one for High School (eek!) and the other for Middle School (ack!), I find myself wondering where the time went?!  To watch them evolve and grow has been exciting yet painful. 

The bittersweet journey of parenthood.

I can't help but look at this young couple with warmth in my heart of the incredible journey that they have before them.  In addition,  I feel blessed to be part of finding the perfect house to act as the stage for THEIR story together.

Most of us rush through daily life, business as usual.  It is when you pause and reflect time-to-time, however, that you absorb how magical it has been...