Thursday, January 29, 2015

Hidden Gem: Askinosie Chocolate


Most will agree that there is an immense difference between chocolate and amazing chocolate?  This post could not be timed better with Valentine's Day right around the corner!

Several months ago, I saw this particular piece on Feast TV regarding a small batch bean-to-bar chocolate factory in Springfield, MO...



Askinosie Chocolate is at the height of the craft chocolate movement, directly sourcing their cocoa beans from farmers all over the world and then completing the entire chocolate-making process IN HOUSE, from scratch.  

Needless to say, I was intrigued.  I was also actively shopping for holiday stocking-stuffers so the timing was ideal. On Christmas morning, my entire family opened luscious goodies from Askinosie including this crazy-delicious peppermint bark that I ordered for the boys...  


It was all that and then some.  While a little pricey, it was well worth it as you could taste the love in every morsel of their product.  So special.  Since then, I have sung their praises on my Instagram and Twitter, to anyone who would listen.

Well yesterday I was at my local Whole Foods picking up a few items and what did I stumble upon?



That's right folks, Askinosie products have finally hit the shelves in St. Louis.  If looking for a special Valentine's Day treat for your honey, pick up one of these special goodies.  I promise, you won't look back! Friends don't let friends eat cheap chocolate...

Nitty Gritty... 
Aksinosie Chocolate 
514 East Commercial Street
Springfield, MO 65803
(417) 862-9900


See more of my Hidden Gems HERE.