Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Thanksgiving Tablescape Inspiration


Thanksgiving is tomorrow, which means that we have switched into full-speed-ahead prep mode at my house.  We always host Thanksgiving, as both Steve and I adore the holiday. While the table is formal, the mood is always casual here in Casa de Nenonen.  For us, Thanksgiving is a day to to slow down, reflect, spend time together, and give thanks for friends, family, and the blessings in our life over a lovely meal.

In my opinion, a pretty table sets the stage and mood for the meal/day. I typically forgo a traditional centerpiece in lieu of natural elements including leaves, pumpkins, gourds, apples, pine, pomegranates, wood, nuts, cranberries, and pine cones to celebrate the Harvest time...

The photos above were my table a few years ago, when my centerpiece incorporated birch, nuts, magnolia leaves, and peacock feathers laced with the warm scent of orange, clove, and cinnamon.

Seeking creative inspiration this morning, I reached out to the Internet.   Here is a peek at some of the lovely photos that I found online. Who wouldn't LOVE to sit at one of these tables? Gorgeous...



See my Thanksgiving Pinterest board here: http://www.pinterest.com/cdninstl/thankful/