Thursday, February 2, 2017

Hidden Gem: Gateway Online Auctions and Overstock Outlet

Just a quick hop west of the Missouri River, near the Family Arena and Historic Downtown St. Charles...

... sits a retail hidden gem that most locals know nothing about.  In fact, I almost hate to share this one as it means less great deals for me. 😉 Ha!  

An industry friend who is a professional stager told me about Gateway and I was astounded when I visited! I found a 10k+ sq ft warehouse filled to the BRIM with overstock from Wayfair, Amazon, and local big box stores. All items are 50% off the manufacturer price.  In fact, most items at Gateway are currently for sale on these sites for DOUBLE the price.  The owner, who is super friendly and helpful, told me that he receives several truckloads, 2-4 per week. The contents vary from truck to truck. 

A visit to Gateway Online Auctions is the ultimate trendy home item scavenger hunt.  Each visit, you never know what you will find!  If you just bought a new home or seek a little home decor spruce, Gateway is a must-visit. 

Happy shopping!

TIPS: 

1) In my opinion, the name is somewhat deceptive as while they do run some online auctions for smaller items, this is in fact a retail location. Everything is marked with a price and you carry it out that day.

2) Ask to utilize the new computer data base to browse/search their inventory!  I walked around first and then searched the database second.  Super helpful, particularly when shopping for a specific item like I was.

NITTY GRITTY:

1735 S. River Rd.
St. Charles, MO 63304
Open Monday- Saturday from 9am-5pm

Web: http://www.gatewayonlineauctions.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/gatewayonlineauctions

See my other St. Louis Hidden Gems HERE.