Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Then and Now: 710 Clark

If you follow me closely on Instagram or Facebook...
... you are aware that my clients who purchased the century old Dutch Colonial on Clark in Webster, recently had the opportunity to meet with the Listing Agent Seller who furnished them with the full history of the house. In my opinion, the most significant gift that a Seller can furnish the Buyer of a historic home is the full history.

My clients are incredibly fortunate to have purchased this home from a Seller who has researched the home for years AND is willing to share!


Such an amazing morning and gift to my Buyers!  Anyhoo, within the treasure trove of old stories and goodies were several old photos. 

 I give you lovely #710 Clark, then and now...
Another interesting Clark tidbit?  He disclosed that the porch was originally enclosed with portable wooden walls that run on a track.  Not only did the Seller furnish us with a photo of the porch walls attached (top is now, bottom is enclosed)...
... we were informed that all of the original parts/doors/pieces are stored safely in the garage.  Score!  I love a historic house with a story.  I am so excited for my clients!