Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Winter Curb Appeal - It matters, Sellers!


Yesterday afternoon, I showed a handful of properties to a client of mine, most notably a gorgeous home in Clayton mere steps from Forest Park.  While we had a record snow storm here in St. Louis over the weekend, Mother Nature has been kind over the past 2 days with clear skies.  I was shocked to pull up and discover that the Seller didn't bother to salt or shovel the walkway or driveway.  In fact, the Seller made zero attempt to ensure that we could safely enter the property.

Not good.

Needless to say, my client was turned off before we even entered the door after trekking through 10 inches of snow in normal street shoes.  Is your house listed right now or do you have plans to list your home soon, as we continue to battle Winter?  If so, this blog entry is for you!

Perhaps the biggest challenge to a Midwest Winter Seller, despite a smaller Buyer Pool, is the inability to visually capture a Buyer immediately.  The fact is, curb appeal matters and winter in St. Louis is dreary and sloppy for the most part. The 1st impression is almost always the lasting impression when it comes to real estate.  First impressions are everything and achieving a welcoming curb appeal during the gray winter months can be TOUGH!

Studies show that a Buyer typically decides within two minutes whether they like your home or not, as they start forming their opinion before they even walk through the front door!  Hence, it is VITAL for your home to be as presentable as it can be to ensure a quick sale at a top dollar price.

During the Spring and Summer months, I recommend fresh mulch, flowers, and colorful touches to my clients.   Unfortunately, however, during the gray winter months... a Seller doesn't have those options.  Hence, a warm and inviting curb appeal may be difficult to achieve during the Winter!    

Over my 17+ years in the business, I have compiled numerous winter curb appeal tips that I pass along to my Sellers to amp up the marketability of their properties during the colder months.


Curb appeal and winter safety matters to you too, Winter Sellers.  Do NOT ignore it or you are kissing money goodbye.

Are you in St. Louis, considering a move in 2019, and still interviewing Realtors?  I would love the opportunity to speak with you and appreciate your consideration!  Learn more about me at www.MoveWithCarrie.com, see what my clients have to say about me HERE, or call me at 314.298-5275 to find out how much your house is worth.