Friday, April 3, 2020

CLOSED: #2824 Essex St in St. Charles

7 years ago, I sold a young married couple the perfect starter home for $130,000...
At the time, 2824 Essex was cute, clean, move-in ready, and the ideal place to start a family and a life together!  Today, just 7 years later and after very few renovations done, we closed it for a whopping $180,000.  That, my friends, is the power of a smart starter home purchase combined with careful preparation and diligent sale strategy. That is also what I mean by making real estate work for you by building an equity nest egg. YES.  

I am not going to lie, today was incredibly bittersweet for me.  Due to COVID19, my Sellers closed escrow electronically and I obviously was not able to attend. *sigh* Selfishly, closing  is always my favorite day of a transaction so it was a tough pill to swallow, but safety is imperative.

To the awesome W family- CONGRATULATIONS! I am taking a raincheck for a future in-person celebration of this sale!  I am so, SO happy for your family and am humbled by your trust and friendship.  High five, Team Essex!

In St. Louis and contemplating a future move?  We are living in interesting times with constantly-shifting market conditions due to the spread of COVID19 interrupting one of the most frenzied low-inventory markets I have ever experienced.  I have been thrilled by the amount of calls, texts, and emails I have received over the last week to pick my brain on what I am seeing and hearing in the trenches. Have questions about the Corona Virus' impact on the housing market?  Let's connect!  Knowledge is POWER, friends.