Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Just For Fun: A walk around Lafayette Park...

Surrounded by the most lovely 19th century Victorian "painted ladies"...

(some of the oldest and most ornate architecture in St.Louis )

...sits St. Louis's oldest public park (and the first park west of the Mississippi River)!  Circa 1836, the 30-acre Lafayette Park sits as the focal point to the historic Lafayette Square neighborhood.




























I, like most local Realtors, spend a lot of time in and around the uber popular Lafayette Square area showing properties.  Not often, however, do I take the time to park the car and stroll through the park grounds even though I love it. 

This week, I enjoyed an afternoon spell at one of my favorite city hidden gems with Reed, and decided to stroll through the park with him for giggles.

 A peek at the time...
Lafayette Park is as picturesque and filled-with-character as it looks.  I encourage you to take 10 extra minutes out of your day next time, and park the car!